Welcome to Dubrovnik at the 14th LAUS Academy!
At LAUS Academy Dubrovnik we offer a lively, friendly and collaborative community in one of the most beautiful towns in the world. At the heart of your training will be an ongoing series of intensive, one-to-one sessions for violin, violoncello and piano but also a training in a large-scale chamber music.
The main focus of the Chamber Music specialism is the development of core chamber music skills. It is designed for individuals and existing groups with considerable chamber music experience.
The goal of Laus Academy is to help young musicians prepare for the international professional music stage, and to create a network of pedagogues and concert organizers that can ensure that young musicians get the necessary professional experience.
On the last 13 issues of Laus Academy
- Over 85 master-classes for the violin, cello, piano, solo-singing, French horn, conducting and chamber-music have been held
- Over 1350 musicians from over 40 countries from all continents have participated
- Numerous encounters with artists, meetings, talks, recordings, shops, auditories, socializing events…
- More than 100 concerts have been held in beautiful places all over Dubrovnik (Duke’s Palace, Sponza Palace, the Dominican church, the Jesuit church, Luka Sorkočević music school) and the Dubrovnik county (Ston, Slano, Cavtat, Šipan, Lastovo, Korčula)
At the same time we wish to raise awareness about the importance of highly professional representation of Croatian music and art in both Croatia and the world.
During the years at Laus academy more and more young musicians from all over the world have participated, recognising the quality of the academy. Among the over 1300 attendants that participated there have been young musicians from Croatia, but also from the neighbouring countries Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro, as well as over 30 other countries from all other continents such as Austria, Germany, The UK, Italy, France, Spain, Lithuania, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Columbia, Hungary, Switzerland, Azerbaijan, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Denmark, Poland, Romania and the USA.
Such an interest of young musicians shows that the Laus academy has accomplished its goal and became a world confluence of the best young musicians that come to learn from the greatest musicians of today.
conducting: Jorma Panula (Finland)
violin: Viktor Tretiyakov (Russia / Germany), Zakhar Bron (Russia / Switzerland), Grigorij Žislin (Russia), Leonid Sorokow (Russia / Austria), Marina Sorokowa (Russia / Austria), Natalija Likhopoy (Russia / Germany), Kimiko Nakazawa (Japan), Alexander Gilman (Austria / Switzerland), Goran Končar (Croatia), Ivančica Kalanj (Croatia), Violeta Smailović – Huart (BiH / France), Sreten Krstić (Croatia)
piano: Dmitry Bashkirov (Russia / Spain), Stephen Kovacevich (USA / UK), Naum Grubert (Russia / Netherlands), Arbo Valdma (Estonija), Jean-Francois Antonioli (Switzerland), Karl-Heinz Kämerling (Germany), Eugen Indjic (Usa / France), Antonio Di Christofano (Italy), Peter Eicher (Germany), Johan Schmidt (Belgium), Michiko Shoji (Japan), Jun Kanno (Japan / France), Ida Gamulin (Croatia), Vladimir Krpan (Croatia), Vasili Shcherbakov (Russia)
solo-singing: Ruža Pospiš Baldani (Croatia), Marjana Lipovšek (Slovenia), Alfred Burgstaller (Austria), Eva Blahova (Slovakia)
violoncello: David Gregorian (Russia / Germany)
French horn: Radovan Vlatković (Croatia / Austria)
guitar: Zoran Dukić (Croatia / Spain)
restauration of stringed instruments: Muneyuki Nakazawa (Japan)
Along with master class seminars we have organized numerous concerts by the participants as well as joint participant and teacher concerts, since the concert podium is a necessary part of learning for musicians.
- Strengthen the unbreakable bonds between young musicians from all over the world
- Enable an intercultural exchange of musical knowledge, creation, execution and refinement
- Become a stage that connects Dubrovnik with all the music stages in the world
- Prepare the young musicians for all the challenges that await them in their professional lives
- Become an oasis of creativity and learning they will gladly come back to
We are aware that in hard and challenging times only passion, energy, knowledge and power that come from art can inspire a new life energy!
Application deadline – 1st July 2019 at www.laus-dubrovnik.org!
At LAUS Academy Dubrovnik we offer lively, friendly and collaborative community in one of the most beautiful towns in the world.
Master classes, Concerts, Lecturers, Auditoriums, Interviews, After-Party…